Interested in participating in one of the ACE civic-engagement programs? Learn how below:
Before starting your application, you can start preparing by gathering the following materials:
- Your university student identification card
- Your current, valid passport (with an expiration date no earlier than March of next year) and a legible PDF color scan or copy of the photo page of your passport
- Your health insurance card and a legible PDF color scan or copy of the front and back of your card
In addition, you should be prepared to provide the name and email address of your head or position coach, who will be asked to provide a recommendation for you.
On the application, you’ll be asked to respond to the five questions below using complete sentences. Each question has a 4,000 character limit.
- Motivation: Why are you interested in participating in the Rubenstein-Bing Student-Athlete Civic Engagement Program (ACE)? Why are you interested in the specific program(s) to which you are applying? Please refer to the program profiles on the ACE website for more specific information on each program.
- Skills and Experiences: What skills and/or experiences are you bringing with you that will allow you to contribute to this program in a meaningful way?
- Open-mindedness, Flexibility and/or Adaptability: Provide an example of a time you demonstrated open-mindedness, flexibility and/or adaptability.
- Goals: What goals do you have for your participation in this three-week experience? These could include personal, academic, professional and/or team/athletic goals.Post-Program Contributions
- Post-Program Contributions: What do you hope to contribute back to your team, student-athlete community, and/or wider campus community after participating in ACE?