It’s always an awesome opportunity when you get to travel across the world and participate in civic engagement. I believe the ACE program will be a fulfilling experience, and hopefully a step towards pursing a career in international affairs.”
As part of the ACE in India program, Michelle will serve as a coaching assistant for sports activities, teach English as a second language courses, and promote computer literacy initiatives for youth at a community center in Dakshinpuri, New Delhi.
Michelle’s past experiences with service include participation in the AIA Bible Study and tutoring at a local elementary school.
Dear Future #ACEathletes,
- Best advice for bringing ACE back to campus: Get involved in the Durham community!
- Best advice for bringing ACE back to your team: Encourage your teammates to engage in community service! It will benefit your team as a whole.
- Best advice for staying in touch: Share social media info!
- Reasons for staying involved: I decided to stay involved with ACE because this program really helped me discover my academic interests, and I hope to see it do the same for future student-athletes!
- Tips for documenting your experience: When I was participating in ACE in India, I decided to document our experience by creating a short film