Interested in participating in the ACE program? Learn how below:
You will be required to submit one coach recommendation with your application. Your recommendation can come from your head coach or position coach. You will be asked to provide your coach’s name and email address.
On the application, you’ll be asked to respond to the five questions below using complete sentences. Each question has a 4,000 character limit. The questions below were part of the 2021 application and may be updated or changed for the Summer 2022 application.
- Motivation: Why are you interested in participating in the Rubenstein-Bing Student-Athlete Civic Engagement Program (ACE)? What interests you about the specific program(s) to which you wish to be considered? Please refer to the program profiles on the ACE website for more specific information on each program. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how has your interest in ACE changed or developed since your last application?
- Skills and Experiences: What skills and/or experiences are you bringing with you that will allow you to contribute to ACE and the specific program(s) in a meaningful way? If you applied to ACE in previous years, have you developed or gained any additional skills and/or experiences since your last application that will allow you to contribute to ACE and the specific program(s) in a meaningful way?
- Open-mindedness, Flexibility, and/or Adaptability: The events of the past year have caused universities, athletic departments and teams, and co-curricular programs to drastically change the way they operate, forcing most to adapt to a new, mostly online environment. Reflect on a time from the past year where you experienced a challenge learning or working virtually and demonstrated open-mindedness, flexibility, and/or adaptability to overcome it. This could be a challenge from one of your classes, team, co-curricular activities, or another virtual experience you’ve had.
- Goals: What goals do you have for your participation in this three-week experience? These could include personal, academic, professional and/or team/athletic goals. Please list 2-3 goals. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how have your goals changed (if at all) for participation in the program since your last application?
- Post-Program Contributions: What do you hope to contribute back to your team, student-athlete community, and/or wider campus community after participating in ACE? Please share two examples. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how has your perspective changed (if at all) on what you hope to contribute since your last application?