Interested in participating in the ACE program? Learn how below:
Before starting your application, you can start preparing by gathering the following materials:
- Your university student identification card
- Your current, valid passport (with an expiration date no earlier than 6 months past the first day of classes of the next academic year) and a legible PDF color scan or copy of the photo page of your passport
- Your health insurance card and a legible PDF color scan or copy of the front and back of your card
You will be required to submit one coach recommendation with your application. Your recommendation can come from your head coach or position coach. You will be asked to provide your coach’s name and email address.
On the application, you’ll be asked to respond to the five questions below using complete sentences. Each question has a 4,000 character limit.
- Motivation: Why are you interested in participating in the Rubenstein-Bing Student-Athlete Civic Engagement Program (ACE)? What interests you about the specific program(s) to which you wish to be considered? Please refer to the program profiles on the ACE website for more specific information on each program. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how has your interest in ACE changed or developed since your last application?
- Skills and Experiences: What skills and/or experiences are you bringing with you that will allow you to contribute to ACE and the specific program(s) in a meaningful way? If you applied to ACE in previous years, have you developed or gained any additional skills and/or experiences since your last application that will allow you to contribute to ACE and the specific program(s) in a meaningful way?
- Open-mindedness, Flexibility and/or Adaptability: While partnering with NGOs in a country you may not be familiar with, there will be times when things may not go as planned. Provide an example of a time you demonstrated open-mindedness, flexibility, and/or adaptability. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how have you continued to develop and reflect on the example that you shared in your last application?
- Goals: What goals do you have for your participation in this three-week experience? These could include personal, academic, professional and/or team/athletic goals. If you applied to ACE in previous years, how have your goals changed (if at all) for participation in the program since your last application?
- Post-Program Contributions: What do you hope to contribute back to your team, student-athlete community, and/or wider campus community after participating in ACE? If you applied to ACE in previous years, how has your perspective changed (if at all) on what you hope to contribute since your last application?