ACE participants start preparing for their experience from the moment they are accepted to one or our ACE programs. ACE pre-departure training helps student-athletes build their skills and broaden their perspectives in a variety of ways, such as:
- virtual program-specific meetings and online modules
- on-campus training sessions at Duke and Stanford
- weekly “staying on pACE” reminder emails, which remind participants of what they need to do to stay on track
- communication and guidance from ACE Ambassadors (ACE alumni leaders), who play a pivotal role in preparing ACE participants
The ACE staff tries to be mindful of student-athletes’ practice times and competition schedules when planning required spring pre-departure meetings.
ACE Pre-Program Training Timeline
- May 25 – ACE in Place South Africa Pre-Program Webinar
- May 26 – Welcome Meeting. Watch the recording here.
- May 26 – ACE in Place Thailand Pre-Program Webinar
- May 27 – ACE in Place Peru Pre-Program Webinar
- June 1 – 16 – Ambassador Squad Meetings. Check your email for program specific dates.
- June 14 – ACE in Place Peru Pre-Program Webinar
- June 15 – ACE in South Africa Pre-Program Webinar
- June 16 – Ethical and Effective Service Meeting