“I am choosing to participate in ACE because it is an opportunity for cultural immersion and personal connection, and to experience the natural beauty of Peru. Nothing is more valuable than traveling and understanding those who are different than you.”
Esteban Suarez’s past experience with service includes serving at a soup kitchen for the homeless and working with disabled mentally impaired individuals at Ability First.
Dear Future #ACEathletes,
- Best advice for learning about ACE: I would just talk to my team members that were involved to get stories and application logistics
- Best advice for getting started at your program: Go with the flow, don’t push yourself or others to do anything out of comfort for the first couple days
- Tips for getting to know your community: Eat all of the food that they served me, then talk to them after starting with- the food is amazing, how did you make it?
- Tips for training: Go on morning runs, lift in the afternoon
- Tips for bringing ACE back to your team: MAKE people at least attend the info meetings and talk to them about the good time I had.
- Reasons for staying involved in ACE: I loved it!