“I love community service and the opportunity to help others in any way possible. The ACE in South Africa program is the perfect opportunity for me to me to both give and learn.”
Hannah Howell’s past experience with service includes participating in the Ravenswood Reads program at Stanford and volunteering with her Church back home.
Dear Future #ACEathletes,
- Best advice for learning about ACE: I would try and research the program and talk to an ambassador.
- Best advice for getting started at your program: I would be open minded and try and connect with the members from the first moment you get there.
- Tips for getting to know your community: I built relationships by asking questions, and trying to learn more about their lifestyle and traditions.
- Tips for training: It’s nice to workout with the other athletes and make it fun. Everyday we did 8 minute abs as a group.
- Tips for bringing ACE back to your team: I talked to a lot of people individually, and shared my blog posts with them.
- Reasons for staying involved in ACE: I loved the program and want to encourage others to participate.